Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fun yoga poses

Excellent class this evening. I was debating whether I had the energy to go to a later level III class, meaning I'd get home at 9:15pm, having left for work at 7:45am, versus an earlier level I class. I didn't cop out for once and went for it. This is one of my favorite classes and teachers, and it was well worth it.

Some fun things to do (for future reference):

  • Warrior 2 --> tree pose --> warrior 2, etc.
  • Focusing on slowing down the pace when jumping to a forward fold and back to plank
  • Lifting yourself off the floor by using your arm muscles while in full lotus pose
  • Doing a hand-stand one leg at a time; starting at the back of your mat and giving yourself the momentum to swing your hands to the floor while pushing one leg up and keeping the other straight down; the focus, again, is doing this slowly and holding it
  • Crescent lunge --> swing back leg into palms & hold it up --> swing back for airplane --> step back for lunge

And perhaps not as fun but something to work on:

  • Extend opposite limbs while in table-top and shift into down-face dog with one arm extended and the opposite foot behind the other

No comments: